DLC coating acts as a single-layer anti-reflection coating for high index substrates and it provides wear & chemical resistance for optical elements used in harsh environments.
12inch Silicon Optic with DLC
DLC provides advantages of bio-compatibility, wear resistance, and diffusion resistance.
DLC provides wear & corrosion resistance, low friction, and good thermal conductivity.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Space Simulation systems for testing of components and micro-satellites
- Dielectric thin films by ion beam sputtering and reactive magnetron sputtering
- Ion beams and plasma to enhance thin film properties
- Surface cleaning and activation for thin film deposition by a variety of processes
DLC ON A WIDE VARIETY OF SUBSTRATES
• Silicon, Germanium, Chalcogenide Glass
• Ultem, Polycarbonate, Polyimide, PEEK
• Crown Glass, UVFS, SF11, Sapphire
• Aluminum, Copper, High-carbon Steel
DLC PROCESSES AVAILABLE
- Low index DLC for adhesion on Ultem plastic substrate for MEMS devices
- High index DLC for IR optics such as Ge & Si
- DLC on GASIR (and similar) utilizing a second hydrocarbon gas with proprietary stress relief techniques
- DLC on IG-6 using a binding layer
- DLC with stress reduction
For more information about creating a custom solution for your application contact email@example.com